Call Back Request
Please fil the form and we’ll call you back
Atypical depression is more or less than Major depressive disorder (MDD) and is a form of depression. It is generally a mental disorder that affects the cognitive skills of the person i.e. how he feels, how he thinks, how he pursues something all of these are affected with Atypical Depression.
People with Atypical Depression experience a loss of interest in the things they love previously and find difficulty in performing daily chores. They may have some hopeless or suicidal thoughts sometimes which in turn affects their emotional as well as physical balance.
Symptoms of patients with Atypical Depression can vary from person to person. The symptom of Atypical Depression is similar to that of MDD that includes:
The patient may also have some atypical symptoms of Major Depressive Disorder, such as:
Similar to MDD, the exact cause of Atypical Depression is unknown but here are some reasons which worsen the condition or symptoms and increases the risk of having Atypical Depression:
If the person is having a history of depression, stress, MDD then he/she may be more likely to develop Atypical Depression. It may be caused due to imbalances in hormones which are feel-good hormones such as Endorphins- the happiness hormone, Dopamine- the satisfaction hormone, Oxytocin- which is linked to relationships and helps us to build bonds with other human beings. An imbalance in the level of these hormones can lead to stress.
The need of the hour is that you may need to book an appointment for the best psychologist around you and visit your doctor at the scheduled time. Your psychologist can conduct some tests on you like- Thyroid test, CBC, or any probable one to let them examine is any physical health issue that is triggering the depression level inside your brain?
If this is so, then you need to first treat it and meanwhile, you'll feel good. In the otherwise case, your psychologist will examine and observe your symptoms and start the treatment accordingly. Your psychologist may also have a psychological evaluation of you to look for signs of MDD with atypical features. They may ask some questions from you about your:
Treatment varies from person to person in the case of Atypical Depression, Which includes:
1. Medication - Patients with Atypical Depression are often treated with antidepressant medications. Your lifestyle adjustments also help you out in reducing symptoms. Patients who have a severe condition of MDD may need to stay in the hospital for treatment because of their suicidal thoughts.
2. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) - It is the most frequent antidepressant medicine prescribed. This antidepressant work by inhibiting the breakdown of serotonin in the brain, resulting in higher amounts of this neurotransmitter. Serotonin is a brain chemical that is responsible for mood change and mood swings. It also helps you to improve your mood and produce healthy sleeping patterns.
3. Psychotherapy or Talk Therapy - It can also be cured with psychotherapy which includes talk therapy. It includes talking about your condition and let the therapist decide your treatment plan. Talk therapy allows you to:
4. Lifestyle changes - Medications along with lifestyle changes work like a magic wand in the case of patients with MDD symptoms. The only thing you need to do is:
5. Live with reality - While you're undergoing treatment of Atypical Depression and it may take an undefined time depending upon your symptoms and condition, you can indulge yourself in many useful activities such as:
We cover all the phycological related therapies and have trained therapists for every one of them. Just search for your need below and start now!Start Now!
This depression is the underlying cause of poor quality of life in cancer patients and hence is the increased mortality ...Continue reading
19 Feb 2021
Amnesia is a type of disorder accompanied by memory loss. Persons with amnesia often face a lot of difficulty in memoriz...Continue reading
19 Feb 2021
We have many Vitamins on the nutritional list. In this list, some vitamins are known well to boost memory power and help...Continue reading
19 Feb 2021