Have you ever met a personality whose mood and behavior remains highly unstable sometimes they go very kind and sweet and other day they start fighting and complaining with people. Handling such dual personalities makes distant relationships.
What’s the Problem?
This problem is called as bipolar effective disorder or mania depressive disorder. It can be clearly understood in this psychological problem, a person frequently shifts from positives to negatives as a result you will become highly lethargic sad and dull in depressive days and highly chirpy happy and fun loving in maniac days.
Yes! Mood fluctuation is common for normal people also, but if these mood swings take two weeks or more to settle and doesn’t been effected by changes in environment or place are the symptoms of maniac depressive disorder.
What’s the Reason Behind?
Disturbed neurotransmitters in brain are the most common pathology. Heredity, medical disorder like thyroid, high blood pressure, diabetes often comes with mood swings and if left untreated can result into Bipolar Disorder.
Secondly addiction of alcohol and drugs can negative effects on your neurotransmitters. According to Psychologist this problem occur more in late adulthood (30-40 years) especially the ladies in menopausal state face extreme hormonal changes.
How to Recognize?
Although it’s a very clear line between high and low mood because sometime it comes with mixed symptoms like,
- Excessive Tiredness & Fatigue
- Loss of Appetite
- Less Interaction with People
- Not Enjoying Being in Social Circle
Episode of Bipolar Disorder make changes in your mood and sleep habits.
What’s the Treatment?
Antipsychotics medications are given to balance the mood it can be give for longer time duration. It is always advisable to take counseling sessions along with psychotherapies such as, CBT, EFT to take you back to the normal schedules of the day. There are chances of reoccurrence, so always be in touch with your Psychologist or Psychiatrist.
How can a Family Member Help?
- Don’t even leave these people alone. Suicidal thoughts make them do anything harmful.
- Make their lifestyle coordinator these daily activities should e merged well.
- Emphasis on fewer intakes of coffee, tea and alcohol.
- Sleep is very important for these patients. Make the environment suitable for sound sleep.
- Help them to do the activity that interest them like, cooking, painting or dancing.
- Make house environment happy and appreciate them to make their self esteem strong.
- Don’t advice and guide them especially in the state of depression.
- Develop patience in these individuals support them not to feel negative if somebody says bad to them.
- We always concerned on Psychiatric medications. Don’t stop in between neither don’t force them to take all medications without permission of a psychiatrist.
- Regular exercise and medication can help them to recover well.
MY FIT BRAIN, with the team of expert Mental Health Professionals are providing online counseling services, making it easier to their client, to seek solution to the problem they are facing in their life.
You Can Book a Therapist from here : www.myfitbrain.in/our-team
You can call : +91 9050232637
You can write us: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can visit our homepage: www.myfitbrain.in
You can read more Blogs: www.myfitbrain.in/blog
You can read Q&A’s: www.myfitbrain.in/faq
We have <50 Therapists in our team. You can book directly & talk to them privately.
Your identity will not be disclosed anywhere. Call 9050232637 for more info.