Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a chronic disorder that affects many children every year. The condition continues till adulthood. The diagnosis of ADHD is controversial in itself as medical science disagrees on its actual existence. However the disorder is quite common and can be treated well with talk therapy at My Fit Brain. The talk therapy becomes more effective when used in combination with some medicines.
Symptoms of Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
Over the years, the online therapists for ADHD have observed following symptoms in children suffering from ADHD. Symptoms may include any or all of the following:
- Sudden emotional outbursts
- Loss of concentration
- Impulsiveness in every activity
- Disorganised life
- Problems in Time management
- Getting easily bored
- Showing a need for constant encouragement for every task
- Difficulty in sitting for a long period
- Careless attitude in everything
- Easy distraction
- Problems in paying attention to listening instructions
ADHD affects not just small children but adults too. Sometimes doctors advise stimulant medications to control the aggressive symptoms in the patient. But experts at My Fit Brain team say that children have shown positive results to therapy provided by online counselling.
Now, the problem is how to differentiate that someone showing above symptoms has ADHD or is reacting normally to adverse situations in his life. It might be possible that some children/adults find it difficult to adhere to strict routine of schools or workplace respectively. They might be willing to indulge in some entertaining activities when others are seriously studying or doing their office work. So ADHD cannot be related to someone’s reluctance to do the regular work or studies. It is a serious problem which if left untreated might impact the whole life of the patient. This is why counselling at My Fit Brain is recommended if you feel that your child might be suffering from some mental illness like ADHD.
Causes of ADHD
- ADHD is a genetic disorder also. So one may get it from family history of ADHD
- It is more common in children if their mother indulged in smoking or alcohol consumption during pregnancy.
- Lead exposure can also result in ADHD in children
- Increasing academic demands and a stressful life also contribute to such problems in children.
How Therapy at MFB can help curing ADHD
Psychotherapy at MFB is very effective for the treatment of the ADHD as it focuses on modification of behavior. Children find it tough to regulate their emotions and behavioral response in difficult situations. ADHD Therapists at My Fit Brain help them in learning some effective strategies to cope up with such situations. They teach children how to take control over their life and how to avoid symptoms of ADHD in challenging situations.
Therapists teach children about goal setting and he consequential rewards, which inculcates a feeling of hope in ADHD children. They realize regulation of their acts and understand that the better they work or study; the better will be the results. My Fit Brain team consultation for ADHD can help your child in achieving following virtues:
- Increase in focus
- Better management of impulses
- Staying disciplined when necessary
- Learning to stay motivated in tough situations
- Maintaining control even in negative situations
Hence, book your appointment today and let us support you in treating ADHD in your child as children are the future of nation. If they are sick, the nation will eventually become sick in future.