Know How to Fix Depression without Medic
Depression affects our daily lives, sometimes unconsciously through our actions, behaviours, thoughts. Trouble concentrating at work, boss getting impatient with your reckless actions, stressful events; all contributing to development this disease that is so apparent. Depression can lead to a more serious action suicide. A statistic report estimates that almost 10 lac people kill themselves every year by committing suicide, 90% of those 10 lac are because of depression and substance abuse. It is also estimated that by 2020, the rate of suicide will increase by 2x.
To not confuse depression with anxiety. Anxiety is a mental illness that acts like a response to stressful events in our lives. It is one of the illnesses that have a direct connection with depression. Anxiety leads to depression if not treated. The people that got depression know what I am talking about. As for rest of my readers, please take all measures necessary to prevent depression.
The possible triggers to depression can list as following:
- A childhood trauma experience- Bullying.
- Childhood abuse- by family or other peoples.
- Stressful events that seemed too much to cope at the moments.
- Unfortunate loss of a loved one.
- Not having a partner of opposite sex.
- Failed relationship (love relationship).
- Complete loneliness, Lack of friends or isolation
- Introvert nature.
Diagnosing the proper type of depression can probably help. The types of depression can probably help. The types of depression that you have can identify the symptoms, signs, causes, so you can focus on them. The major ones are:
Major Depression / Clinical Depression
- This condition lasts for more than 2 weeks.
- Low mood, loss of interest in anything.
- It can had three levels of security- MILD, MODERATE, SEVERE.
- Melancholic unable to do simple task such as walking, cleaning dishes, preparing food, taking bath, as fast as before having this condition.
- Or Psychotic, can’ differentiate between what’s real and what’s not; thinking that everyone in this world wants to harm them.
- Physical loss of energy always fatigued.
- Loss of concentration.
- Thoughts of suicide.
- Feelings of guilt.
Chronic Depression or Persistent Depressive Disorder
- This type of depression lasts more than 2 years.
- Low mood, loss of interests in activities once enjoyed.
- After 2 years of depression, the body is in physical pain almost all the time.
- Loss of energy, concentration, is fatigued all the time.
- Trouble with sleep- insomnia or too much sleep.
- Low confidence-self confidence.
- Also known as manic depression, it alternates between episodes of depression and those of Mania.
- When in a depressed mood, the symptoms are the same as the other types of depression.
- When in manic mood, the person talk rapidly, has a surge of energy; thoughts are coming and going 3x as fast as they should, feelings of irritation and easy and complex tasks.
- Sometimes the person with bipolar disorder, losses the grip on this reality, experiencing hallucinations (seeing shadows or things that are not there. Mostly happen in night).
- Is valid only if this happen during and because of season changes.
- Includes morning depression.
- Is happen more in winter, when there is not enough sunlight. Without sunlight, everyone feels as if they have no energy. This can be practically improved by using natural light lamps.
Natural Methods to Fight Depression
- If you are depressed, you need a routine. Depression can strip away the structure from your life. One day melts into the next. Setting a gentle daily schedule can help you get back on track.
- When you are depressed, you may feel like you can’t accomplish anything. That makes you feel worse about yourself. To push back, set daily goals for yourself. As you start to feel better, you can add more challenging daily goals.
- It temporarily boosts fell- good chemicals called endorphins. It may also have long-term benefits for people with depression. Regular exercise seems to encourage the brain to rewire itself in positive way.
- There is no magic diet fixes depression. But, it’s a good idea to watch what you eat, though. If depression tends to make you overeat, controlling this will help you feel better.
- Depression can make it hard to get enough sleep, and taking too little sleep can make depression worse. Change your lifestyle. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Take all the distractions out of your bedroom, no computer, no T.V. In time, you may find your sleep improves.
If you feel you are also suffering from a depress situation, seek help of a Psychologist or a Counselor. You can consult to our Clinical Psychologist Dr. Neha Mehta, online by booking an appointment at My Fit Brain or you can contact us on 90502-32637. Feel free to contact us.
We are happy to help you!!!!