Personality Development quintessentially means enhancing and grooming one’s outer and inner self to bring about a positive change to your life. Each individual has a distinct persona that can be developed, polished and refined. This process includes boosting one’s confidence, improving communication and language speaking abilities, widening ones scope of knowledge, developing certain hobbies or skills, learning fine etiquettes and manners, adding style and grace to the way one looks, talks and walks and overall imbibing oneself with positivity, liveliness and peace.
The whole process of this development takes place over a period of time. Even though there are many crash courses in personality development that are made available to people of all age groups, implementing this to your routine and bringing about a positive change in oneself takes a considerable amount of time. It is not necessary to join a personality development course; one can take a few tips and develop his or her own aura or charm.
- You may have heard this a million times “Think Positive”. It works.
- Smile. And smile some more. It adds to your face value and to your personality as well.
- Read a few articles in the newspaper loudly. This will help in communicating fluently.
- Follow table manners and dining etiquettes
- Take good care of your health, dress well, be neat and organized
- Prepare a chart that mentions your strengths and weaknesses. Now concentrate on the latter and find ways to improve upon the same. Do not forget to strengthen your strengths.
- Spend some time alone concentrating on you and yourself alone.
- Practice meditation and yoga. It will help you develop inner peace and harmony that will reflect outside.
- Do not live a monotonous life. Be creative and do something new all the time. Nothing bigger than the joy of creative satisfaction.
Personality development is gaining more and more importance because it enables people to create a good impression about themselves on others; it helps them to build and develop relationships, helps in your career growth and also helps to improve your financial needs.
After all, personality development is nothing but a tool that helps you realize your capabilities and your strengths making you a stronger, a happier and a cheerful person.
Tips of Personality Development
- Be Confident:
Confidence is certainly the most important factor which adds to the personality of any individual. A person’s confidence might go down due to mistakes, failure, guilty or any other thing which is undesirable. Some people often develop inferiority complex due to their physical appearance, caste, financial status etc. Such people perceive confidence as their weakness, while the truth is that confidence is an individual’s biggest strength.
Your confidence reflects your character, attitude and passion. You should be confident about who you are and whatever you do. Being confident will help you to express yourself and stand amongst the crowd.
2. Improve Your Communication Skills:
The way you speak reflects who you are. Be polite and gentle with your words. Use decent words while interacting with everyone. Always think before you speak. English being globally accepted is preferred everywhere. So work on your English proficiency by listening to English news, reading English newspapers and magazines. Always use simple words general interactions.
3. Dress Up Well:
Dressing sense means the general sense about how you should dress up for office, party or any other occasion. A person should therefore wear according to the situation and according to how well the attire suits him/her. Good looks no doubt will add to your personality but what matters the most is how you are dressed up. Even a 5’4 guy with a dark complexion can have a good personality if he knows how to carry himself. Dressing sense thus plays a major role in personality and confidence development.
4. Watch Your Body Language:
Body language plays an important role to judge a person’s confidence and personality. Try to make use of positive gestures while interacting with others. This shows that you’re at ease while having a discussion. Studies reflect that 75% of our communication happens non-verbally. Your gestures thus play a vital role while interacting with others.
5. Improve Your Social Skills
Man is a social animal. Every individual has to interact with a group of people one time or the other. Being shy or introvert is the least desirable characteristics in any individual. Always stay updated with the current affairs and what is happening in your society. Try participating in group discussions and seminars. This will help you to be more open and adjust amongst a group of individuals.
6. Develop Leadership Qualities:
A good leader is believed to have a good personality. Leadership skills do not mean how well you give orders to your subordinates. It means how well you can manage your subordinates to accomplish a particular task. Work harder to set an example to your subordinates. Express yourself and always do as you say.
7. Be Optimistic:
Have a positive outlook towards everything. Nobody wants to be around a person who is negative and complaining all the time. Nobody wants to work or live with a pessimist. When you face a failure, let go of the assumption that you’re the unluckiest person alive. Use positive statements like “I can do it”, “I always have a choice” etc. Expect good things from the future.
8. Be a Good Learner:
Good learning skills in an individual are highly desirable. You should always have the zeal to learn new things while at work. This reflects your enthusiasm. Don’t let yourself repeat the same mistakes. Learn from them.
Here’s a famous quote by Eleanor Roosevelt: “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself”
Some more good personality development tips at a glance:
- Keep a smart head and keep cool
- Don’t copy anyone
- Create your own personal style
- Don’t doubt yourself
- Learn to have patience
- Don’t shout or be aggressive
- Be more passionate about your work
- Accept and recognize your weak points
- Learn to appreciate others.
Everyone makes mistakes, but learning from them is the best one can do. Working on the above mentioned characteristics will help you to be entitled as a person with a good personality.
Benefits of Personality Development:
Personality development offers numerous advantages. The major benefit is that they help us to explore the other side of our personality. They bring out our hidden personality traits and allow us to know who we are and what we want. You may not see immediate results but over a period of time you’ll start feeling positive changes on your own personality.
- A good course helps you to know how to deal with people around you. How to communicate your ideas and how to say things in an appealing manner are all a part of such courses. Gradually, you’ll feel that you are much more comfortable while communicating with people of all ages. It also boosts your confidence and brings a positive change in your life.
- Enhanced communication skills after attending a personality development course helps in your personal as well as professional life. You become more confident and can communicate effectively to others what you feel and what you want.
- The best part is that people like approaching you. If you look good, communicate effectively and behave properly, people get attracted towards you. You become the center of attraction in a party or any other social gathering. People admire you for what you are and how you look. It not only makes you feel good but also boosts your confidence.
- The most important thing is overall feeling of being well and confident. You feel good about yourself and that’s the biggest thing. If you are truly admired and love yourself for what you are, you’ll be happy always. You have a charisma, a sense of power and confidence that makes you stand apart from the crowd that makes you stand apart from the crowd.
- Personality development training brings always positive results in your life as there are no disadvantages of such courses. All you need to do is to find a strong course where experts help you understand who you are. Exploring your true self and then evolving should be the main objective.
Personality involves not only inborn traits, but also the cognitive and behavioral patterns that influence how people think and act. Temperament is a key part of personality that is determined by inherited traits. It is the aspects of personality that are innate and have a lasting influence on behavior. Character is another aspect of personality influenced by experience that continues to grow and change throughout life. While personality continues to evolve over time and respond to the influences and experiences of life, much of personality is determined by inborn traits and early childhood experiences.
If you are seeking for a person who can guide you how to develop your personality. You can consult our Image Consultant online or by booking a appointment at www.myfitbrain.in
Feel free to contact us. We are happy to help you!!