Know the Benefits of Online Counseling |
Are you considering online therapy? The internet has opened up new avenues for mental health treatment, but there are some pros and cons that you should consider before you decide if e-therapy is right for you. Let’s explore some of the biggest advantages of online therapy. Online counseling is fast becoming a popular model for support for young people, with key national services such as lifelines, kids’ helpline, Suicide Call Back Services and Headspace Adding Online Counseling to their service provision. Web counseling refers to counseling services through the internet and includes. For example, e-mails, chat rooms, and web cameras. This type of counseling goes by so many names such as Cyber Counseling, E- Therapy, E-Counseling and Tele-Counseling. Online Counseling is a viable way to help people with their problems. People are able to resolve their problems through using an online therapist. Using this treatment is both helpful and therapeutic. Whether it’s seeing an online counselor or using a counseling app. Online Counseling, once termed alternative therapy, is now becoming a common practice preferred by both clients and therapists.
It has been praised for bridging the gap that existed with traditional face to face therapy around issues such accessibility convenience, affordability and more. Counseling is a talk therapy that allows a person to share his/her difficult feelings and problems in a confidential environment.
A wide range of distress can be treated through counseling therapy. It increases the likelihood of making healthy life choices and offer benefits through collaboration between client and psychologist. However, in a real life effectiveness of therapy depend upon genuineness, trust building and willingness to make a change in sessions.
Online Therapy, also known as E-therapy, E- counseling, Tele-therapy or Cyber-counseling, is a relatively new development in mental health in which a therapist or counselor provides psychological advice and support over the internet.
The Advantages of Online Counseling and Tele-Therapy.
- A good option for Remote Areas: Online Therapy offers access to mental health information to people in rural or remote areas. Those who live in such areas simply might not have access to any other form of mental health treatment because there are no mental health practices in their geographic area. E-therapy gives these individuals access to treatment that they might not have otherwise.
- Accessibility for those with physical limitations: Online therapy provides accessibility to individuals who are disabled or housebound. Mobility can be a big issue when it comes to accessing mental health care individuals who are unable to leave their home for various reasons, such as physical or mental illness, may find online therapy a useful alternative to traditional psychotherapy settings.
- Convenience and Affordability: Online therapy is usually fairly affordable and convenient. Since you will be attending therapy sessions online in the comfort of your own home, you can often schedule your therapy sessions for times that are the most convenient for you.
- Online therapy Makes Information More Accessible: The internet makes mental health information more accessible. People may feel comfortable talking to friends and family about health care issues but not feel the same discussing mental health concerns.
- It can also be an Educational Tool: E-therapy can be an important tool to help people learn about psychological health. Even if you feel like your mental well-being is strong, online therapy can help you become psychologically stronger. You can learn more about health behaviour and coping strategies that will lead to better psychological health.
- Sharing your Deep Desk Secrets Quickly: People who have an online counselor ultimately feel safe with their therapist. Think of a person who has endured sexual abuse or been involved in a domestic violence situation. You are able to reveal these secrets because you feel a strong sense of anonymity having a relationship with an online therapist. The advantages of using this modality of therapy are that the client is motivated to get to the heart of their matter quickly. This results in faster healing for the client and a more expedient form of therapy for the counselor.
- Travel Costs and Time Commitments: Counseling via e-mail eliminates the usual requirement to send time and money travelling to the counselor’s office.
- East to try: If you have never been to counseling before, feel ambivalent about it, or are comfortable with the idea of traditional models of counseling, online counseling can give you the opportunity to see what it might be like, without actually having to meet anyone in person.
If want to consult our Counselors online, login to www.myfitbrain.in and book your expert now.