It has been rightly said that life is not a bed of roses. Marriage vows are taken to stay together forever but sometimes it is good for both the spouses to take a divorce. It is particularly good when none is happy in being this relationship. Gone are the days when divorced women or men were looked down by the society. In 21st century, it is wise to come out of a weak and unhappy marriage.
But unfortunately it is not as easy as it sounds. The divorce person needs to move on from a significant phase of his/her life. It is one of the hardest transitions in life. Thus, it becomes quite challenging to initiate a new life post divorce.
My Fit Brain Therapists aid in making life better by providing online counselling for post divorce recovery.
Reasons for Divorce
There are several reasons for getting divorced. Some of these are listed below:
- Infidelity i.e. extra marital affair
- Physical Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Unrealistic expectations
- Lacking in commitment
- Money problems
- Child care issues
Symptoms if someone needs counselling or not
While many are bold enough to accept divorce and to move on easily, there are some who find it quite formidable to do so. To identify whether someone needs a psychological counselling for speedy recovery post divorce, the family members or friends must observe the following things in the person’s behaviour after divorce:
- Rude behaviour towards everyone
- Lack of confidence
- Unwillingness to accept new relationships
- Easy irritability
- Reluctance to go to workplace
- Feelings of shame and anger
- Avoidance of social gatherings
- Life threatening thoughts like suicide
Process of Post Divorce Recovery
Post Divorce Recovery is not a one day event but it is a process. In this process, there are following steps involved:
- Accepting the fact that marriage was not workable with that person
- Identification of reasons that gave pain in staying married with that person
- Acknowledgement of the fact that this pain will heal up with time only.
Post Divorce Counselling at My Fit Brain
Post divorce recovery at MFB is focussed towards making a person getting back to his normal life after divorce. Divorce therapists understand that such persons suffer from a lot of stress like:
- Losing other close relations in in-laws due to divorce
- Answering questions of friends or family after divorce
- Clarifying again and again that it was the other person’s fault that marriage did not succeed
- Worrying about financial problems if the person is not working or was sharing expenses with spouse
- Shifting to a new city or town to close that unfortunate chapter of life
Therapists at MFB listen to feelings of the divorced person thoroughly without being judgemental at all. They help them to vent out their anger, fear, feelings about the broken marriage. When it appears that all negativity is finally out from such person’s mind, then, MFB counsellors provide healing therapy. By this therapy a positive attitude is introduced and this, in turn, leads to return of happiness in the life of such person.
Hence, call now to let us help in post divorce recovery of your near and dear ones.