In simple words, it is a synonymous which is described by few characteristics of repetitive behavior like washing hands, sorting, and color coding and cleaning. Although, it’s not necessarily wrong to equate OCD withthese behaviours’, it leaves out an essential part of the picture. Looking at certain habits is quick and feeling, Well, it's not that terrible.
I 'd love to keep my room clean. Or, Oh, I hate it when my room is a mess. I am so OCD, too.
Yet what you don't see, and what places the "D" in the OCD, is the thinking mechanism behind the compulsive behavior.Those with OCD don't get disciplined because it gives happiness to them.
They’re not cleaning up because it's one of their hobbies.Although individuals with OCD often may not sweep or plan at all.
OCD manifests itself in so many different ways, and it can hurt those who live with it every day by comparing it to a quirk.
A quick glance of Panic Strategies of OCD :
OCD is the brain's anxiety network sends out a warning that something is wrong and has to be done with it right at the moment.OCD addresses on the anticipated effects that are of concern to an individual.For instances, if someone isn't scared to spill water on the floor, OCD won't send out the distracting thought, "Oh no, you spilled water ,you've got to clean it up. On the flip side, if anyone cares about her family's health, OCD might say, "Oh no, you left the stove on.You have to go back and search urgently or it will be entirely your fault and the most significant people in your life will be gone forever.
Understanding the facts about OCD:
OCD is chronic, which means Nothing suggests that it's like getting asthma or diabetes. By this fact it is understandable that it is “condition” which can be controlled.It's a possibility that will still be there in the past, even though it doesn't impact your life any more.Everything you 're going to have to do to better manage it, because if you don't try to do it successfully in your life, you 're going to run the chance of relapse.
It ensures that if you will not follow the resources offered in cognitive / behavioural treatment, or if you quit taking the medicine (in most cases), you can quickly realize that the symptoms are hemmed n again.
Some of the key characteristics of OCD are “doubt & guilt”. Through the absence of serotonin, OCD is a crucial factor.
There are two different forms of Obsessive-compulsive disorder that people combine together.
That is a personality disorder, the other an anxiety condition.
Even if you can resist compulsion, you can't refuse to think of an obsessive thought.
Obsessions are mental events produced biochemically that seem to imitate the actual thoughts of one's own, but are not. Since they are biochemical activities, they cannot be shut down at once.
Suppression has proven that the more you try not to worry of something, the more paradoxically you can come to think about it. The key trick of tackling obsessions, “If you want to think about it less, think about it more.” Neither can you escape from your obsessions, nor prevent the fears that emerge from them. Fear also originates in the mind, and it's necessary to recognise that there is no escape in order to recover. People with OCD don't stick with the stuff they fear long enough to discover the truth–that is, that their fears are unjustified and that the anxiety would have gone away on its own, without coercion or neutralisation.
10 Self Care Tips That Really Work
1. Exercise: Exercise is just a perfect way to maintain good physical health, but it also helps to cope with anxiety and tension that can lead to frustration. It helps you to be physically and mentally involved and to have control of your thoughts and acts.
2. No Caffeine: Caffeine has calming effects on the nervous system which may increase anxiety chances. The consumption of caffeine should therefore be limited to a person suffering from OCD.
3. Get Enough Sleep: Whether or not you have a problem, proper sleep is important to human health. If you have OCD, it's a must to have the best sleep routine and observe it every day. You may have had sleepless nights due to OCD, but for self-care OCD management, you need to get your sleep planned.
4. Avoid Nicotine And Alcohol: You can find that the consumption of alcohol decreases your anxiety, but only for a shorter time. Similarly, it must sound like cigarettes are relaxing, but it's also a strong stimulant. Smoking raises the likelihood of signs of OCD, including anxiety.
5. Meditation: A meditation practice helps to ease the mind and keep it in a relaxing harbor. If you do some meditation exercises every day like yoga, your mind will grow this habit of relaxation. And, you should keep up with it when you have OCD problems. It will help you comply with your anxiety and, if possible, cope with those obsessive thoughts.
6. Educate Yourself: Denying the condition is by no means a good decision. There are a lot of people who simply refuse to have any sort of problem at all. This isn't how you’re going to get better. The easiest way to resolve OCD is to accept it first and then educate yourself about it. Learn how it feels, why does it happen, and what should you do about it?
7. Mindfulness: Mindfulness is all about acknowledging the current moment and the feelings at that time. It is a very effective method used to resolve anxiety and thus helps a lot in OCD as well. The secret to this is to do something in your present mind. If you know you've locked the door, you won't feel the desire to do it again and again. You’re going to learn through when you practice it all the time.
8. Peer Support: Nobody's meant to be alone in pain. If you have a strong circle of friends, open them up and tell them how you felt. Share your sufferings with you and let them comfort you if they want to. Getting a strong peer group will benefit a person a lot to maintain an involved and improved mental health. This way, you'll be able to provide a circle that takes care of each other, including yourself.
9. Be Patient: One of the most important self-care tips for OCD to conquer OCD is patience. Patience is the secret to a full recovery. If you practice therapy, yoga, set sleep cycles, or some other method to feel better, you can't expect life to be better immediately. Each therapy is time consuming and OCD is a difficult one. Losing hope is going to make you suffer more in the end.
10. Start Therapy: The OCD cannot be overlooked. If you feel that your OCD self-care tips are not helping or that your situation is getting worse, you need to seek professional help. Cognitive behavioural therapy is the perfect cure for OCD. There are CBT-based therapies, such as exposure therapy or response prevention, that help the client confront these obsessions bravely and in a healthy way. Any of those stimulants for battle
NOTE: OCD is treatable, and people who suffer from it can live a normal life.
MY FIT BRAIN with the team of counselors, is providing online counseling services, making it easier for their client, to seek a solution to the problem they are facing in their life.