The Energizing Difference Researched Career Counseling can make!
Counseling about careers may be necessary before taking up specialized training for the job. Understanding the world of work in advance would certainly help. That is one mighty decision to make if most of your life will be spent doing it. Knowing aptitudes and interests, skills, and values helps make realistic and rational career and lifestyle decisions. Practice with interviews and resume preparation are so critically important. Ability and aptitude measurements too.
Comprehend the What and Why
- Counseling about careers may be necessary before taking up specialized training for the job. Understanding the world of work in advance would certainly help. That is one mighty decision to make if most of your life will be spent doing it. Knowing aptitudes and interests, skills, and values helps make realistic and rational career and lifestyle decisions. Practice with interviews and resume preparation are so critically important. Ability and aptitude measurements too.
- Years and decades down the road in a stupendous job role, counseling may still be required. Are you exploring new horizons, aiming for plush postings, or prized promotions?
- Additional academic degrees or workshops and seminars, and publishing research papers often show the way upwards. A career change in an allied field, perhaps. Explore the superbly competitive career market.
- Living amidst mega data, career information resources help achieve targets early. Specialized coaching and the right connections in time save a lot of wild goose chasing. Universities and industries are mighty structures where one can quickly lose the way. Counselors work as lighthouses in the dark seas.
- The search for better job roles continues all lifelong. Finally, an impressive portfolio reflects the labors of a lifetime, well, almost.
Intensive Career Coaching possibilities
As far back as 1909, Frank Parsons deserves to be considered the father of modern career counseling. Like a friend and philosopher, personal tutor and consultant, a career coach gives wings to professional dreams. Going from study and training to the demanding workforce can be tough on emotional and physical resources. Those who earn while they learn have a distinct advantage, so commonly followed in advanced countries.
Many years on the job, and it is time for another push! Maybe job satisfaction is lacking, and disillusion sets in a while, more successful workers are making merry with promotions and luxurious lifestyles. It is time to consider better jobs or career advancements, perhaps with another college course. Many courses are available online with multimedia-based exciting study programs.
Like the complex shopping process and the research, hitting the right coach may take a while. Is the coach professionally qualified with lots of experience? References would help and the portfolio for cross-checking. Little knowledge nowadays appears like mastery with the glut of online information. After finding what seems like the right coach, get down to goal setting. Start the action immediately of putting the goals into practice. Self-help and DIY provide the thrust. A sincere effort, acceptance of praise, and blame would go a long way.
Is it luck and chance that guide exceptional careers responsible for mighty achievements? Though revelations are essential to appreciate moments of truth like the apple falling, careers are usually well planned. Partly common sense and based on medical and scientific research, a substantial database guides career counseling.
Like wearing dresses of the right fit and according to preferences and lifestyles, the job should fit like a glove. It is not merely fancy and worldly desires that could result in a lifetime of job satisfaction and service to society. Traits, cognitive and social theories need to fit the working environment and the particular individual. Assessments of aptitudes and abilities through scientific methods guide the process.
- Learning Theory of Career Counseling
- Social Cognitive Career Theory
- Cognitive Information Processing (CIP)
- Trait-and-Factor Theory
- Person-Environment Fit
How does career counseling help?
Imagine the numerous difficult job searching situations nowadays amidst huge populations and few posts, especially amidst the pandemic onslaught. Apply and apply with no reply is rather common. Everybody wants experienced workers. Fresh graduates have no such thing and need a good break.
Why are applications failing? Resumes need to get better. Interview skills need to improve.
Starting careers or midway in the forties, beginning again with updated resumes and fresh qualifications, brings better chances. It is a severely demanding work industry with too many highly qualified workers. It is stressful and increasingly so with greater specialization and excessive competition.
Those who take long career breaks may find it tough to resume working life with an imagined better job. Mental preparation and vigorous job searching may succeed.
Career changes midway can be a tricky and sensitive matter too.
Job challenges stand a better chance of success with a dynamic career counselor to guide every step. A counselor who knows all the intricacies of the job market in a particular profession would become invaluable. Like a crutch, this little support goes a long way in realizing career dreams and making decisions. When faced with several job offers, which choice would be best? A promotion with a transfer?
We help you analyze job roles and investigate obstacles, real or imagined. Take a second look at job suitability because of your personal qualities, skills, and abilities. Investigating your strengths and expertise brings a better understanding of the direction for the future. Like being amidst the ocean on the job, look at the past, and the future options. Beginners have more complex problems along with youthful passions.
What personal problems could be interfering with the proper conduct of professional duties? Getting rid of them is crucial, but how? Develop positive attitudes and a plan of action along with a network, perhaps based on social media. Career Counseling refers you to other experts if the need arises.