Jan 03, 2018
Q. I'm 27 year old male. My life was very beautiful five years back. I use to be a very jolly boy. I was very focused on my study, fun loving boy. Loved to spend time with friends. Loved to do biking and stunting. But everything changed in my life after a night. It was Durga Puja time in Kolkata when I had weed kulfi with my friends. After having that I started to feel dizzy and weak. From next day am whenever riding bike I feel numbness in my hands and feet. I fell down. From then I started feeling anxious. I left biking. I started avoiding my friends. Right now I'm in business not even able to focus on that. I'm not able to move forward in my life. My parents are planning for my marriage but I'm afraid because of numbness of my hands and feet. Please help me -
Hello dear!! Don't worry , we are here to help you. Thanks for sharing query here.
Understand, you are still as jolly and loving person as you were but the incident made you fearful resulting in anxiety > hence numbness of limbs. .
1. Numbness in hands and feets
2. Not able to concentrate on business , study.
3. Not able to ride bike
4. Afraid of marriage , not sure about future and can't plan for same.
5. Avoiding friends
Dear, let's understand that incident again and try to find the cause:
You had weed kulfi that day , it increases the serotonin uptake hormone in your brain and a sudden feeling of dizziness, weakness and turning of world upside down came to you.
When next morning you started driving , that anxiety of the moment along with sudden gush of hormone made you fearful , this actually giving you the physical symptoms of numbness in hands.
My suggestions for you as follows:
1. First of all Understand,you are absolutely fine, this is just anxiety, once you know how to fight with it , you will be again the same person .
2. For this, take help from a psychologist nearby, go through some therapies like CBT Therapy, reality Therapy,interpersonal therapy, CDT Therapy
This will help you to fight with the current scenario.
3. Try to socialise with people, your friends, don't escape like Avoiding, if you feel afraid in starring that you cannot stand them for long, give 10 mins and then increase time with friends..
4. Similarly, with driving, nothing will happen tell you friend to be with you in Starting, take small round first and then big one...
Divert yourself from numbness .. Try looking what you are achieving.
5. If you feel problem is increasing,don't escape, visit psychiatrist , medicinal help ( anxiolytics) is necessary in emergency.
6. Divertion is the best cure , put yourself in relaxational activities like meditation, yoga , gyming etc.
7. Go for morning walk ( brisk)in the morning.
Pls keep in mind,it's just an anxiety issues, you can easily win over, don't delay important decision in your life because you are afraid of it
Be a strong man, And move forward.
All the best
Read More Related Faqs
Q. What is counseling?
Saying it simply, counseling is consulting with a therapist who is an objective, non-judgmental and professionally trained person, with whom you can share your innermost thoughts and feelings. This helps you to understand yourself better and helps you to address your emotional difficulties in a more adaptive fashion. These difficulties could be something you are facing in day to day life, a sit.....Read Full Answer
Q. What to expect from counseling?
Any emotional problem or difficulty has its roots in our inner nature. Our feelings depend on how we think about ourselves, others and our situations. Often we think in ways that are not rational or we think about situations mistakenly. This is not because we are “foolish” or “wrong” in any way but because we have learnt to think of certain things only in certain ways. B.....Read Full Answer
Q. Can I be friends with my therapist?
The therapist is your friend. She has your concern the closest to her heart. However, she is a professional and like every profession, being a therapist too comes with a code of dos and don’ts. Hence you pay for her time with you. Most of the time involved in therapy is focused on dealing with your emotional difficulties. However you can occasionally talk to her about your and her hobbies.....Read Full Answer