Q. I'm 17 years old, topper of the class, very strict with my demand. I use to follow my routine very strictly. I want to go in Indian Army. No one is there in the army from my family, but I want to serve my life for my country as the soldier. I'm preparing for NDA and also taking care of physical fitness. Problem is that my mom is a single parent and she told me about my father that he also wanted to go in the army but because of my grandmother couldn't join. Now the same story is happening again, I love, live, feel my country all the time, I'm obsessed about patriotism. My mom use to be panic and she's in depression because of the decision. But, I want to go with her smile. How can I convince my mom for my dream?
Hello dear, your passion towards our country needs big applause , may every young men has this patriotism as you have either not for joining army but yes, respect for countries and Indian soldiers.
I'm also happy to know how disciplined you are in your life.
Perfect factor, taking care of study as well as physical health.
Great Son, you surely want to fulfil your dad's dream and now yours.
I can understand your mother's situation, she atleast lost the support person in her life and now you want to dedicate your life to country, thts why she might be worried , depressed and panicky. Support from a Son, it's a biggest power a mother has. Please do go with her smile in your decision by following the suggestions:
1. Sit with your mother in calm room like Temple or so, convey her mom, may be if you will not like , il do some other work but my conscience will always make me feel that my country is calling me.
Wait for her decision.
2. Rather telling her , what you feel for your country, make her strong for accepting it. For that you can let her know the honour certificate she will get, the respect among relatives , good salary and pension, house etc.
Make her know the advantages by making her strong.
3. Is there is anyone your mother always listen to, mama or some uncle, convey your message to them, may be they can help. Do it in polite manner.
4. In need of help, you can take her to the counselor nearby and let her evacuate the fears she has related to you and life, family counselling session will be beneficial.
5. In case, if your mother doesn't convince and it's effecting her health, I advice you to change your path of achieving your goal towards country,
She might be concerned for being alone away from you or some mishappening.
If you want to help your country, and your mother needs you too, do something for country sitting here, join some n.g.o, help poor , work against women trafficking, corruption, sanitation , pending court cases etc.
Even joining police department , will serve the same purpose.
》 remember, responsibility towards your mother is on priority than responsibility towards motherland
Keep that light if patriotism towards INDIA burning, path can be anything, think again.
Then convince your mother.
She loves you!!
All the best
Read More Related Faqs
Q. What is Counseling?
Saying it simply, counselling is consulting with a therapist who is an objective, non-judgmental and professionally trained person, with whom you can share your innermost thoughts and feelings. This helps you to understand yourself better and helps you to address your emotional difficulties in a more adaptive fashion. These difficulties could be something you are faci.....Read Full Answer
Q. What to Expect From Counseling?
Any emotional problem or difficulty has its roots in our inner nature. Our feelings depend on how we think about ourselves, others and our situations. Often we think in ways that are not rational or we think about situations mistakenly. This is not because we are “foolish” or “wrong” in any way but because we have learnt to think of certain things only in cert.....Read Full Answer
Q. Is counselling for psychologically ill people or those with mental disorders? If I require counseling, does that mean I’m not “normal?”
Normalcy is perhaps one of the most hyped myths. There is no definition of normalcy. It consists of perhaps a group of personal reactions and situations that society finds desirable. However, all of us deviate from that standard in some or the other way. Requiring counseling simply means you are perhaps in a situation, which may be an external or internal situation, w.....Read Full Answer