These entries submitted our community members & Visitors. The author's views are entirely his or her own and may not reflect the views of My Fit Brain.
Don't get confuse, You did the right effort of seeking psychological help.
As the problems/ history illustrated by you are:
1.Medically : High diabetes and Hypertension and on medicines.
2. Behaviourally: aloofness, loss of interest.
3.Affect and Mood: low and disturbed
4. Thoughts: loose association , inappropriate.
5. Perception: shakened, fearful, phobic
Dear, As you mentioned, pReviously he was fine but with growing age he developed the behaviour abnormality.
1. First of all, share the symptoms with your physician, may be the medicines he's taking did hormonal neurotic imbalance which leads to such abnormalities
2. As you already gone for ultrasound , which seems completely normal, it may be psychotic symptoms.
Feeling of insects in stomach is Tactile hallucination( feeling of stimulus in absence of it)
Secondly, phobia ( fear that he will die), Delusion( false , firm beleef) that he whatever he's saying is right although it's lie for you.
Self talking also be related to hallucination or autism. ( psychotic symptoms)
My piece of advice for you is:
1. Book ab appointment with psychiatrist, may be he will go for psychometric assessment and put him on medicines ( antipsychotic)
2. Get second opinion from physician too, as we are taking father to see psychiatrist.
3. Nutritional deficiency sometimes creates gastric problem which he's feeling abnormal in his stomach, follow proper diet plans, increase frequency of food rather than quantity,
3. Keep dad in supervision, divert him more towards indoor activities and games.
4. Connect him to the spiritual world, take him to temple .
5. Morning walk , yoga , meditation will bring result.
6.Don't delay, otherwise symptoms will increase.
So, my empathetic advice, don't get confused, it's your to act and make him back the lovable , jolly as he was.
Hoping for his early recovery.