What Is Ocd?
In simple words, it is synonymous which is described by a few characteristics of repetitive behavior like washing hands, sorting, and color-coding, and cleaning. Although it’s not necessarily wrong to equate OCD with these behaviors, it leaves out an essential part of the picture. Looking at certain habits is quick and feeling, Well, it's not that terrible.
I'd love to keep my room clean. Or, Oh, I hate it when my room is a mess. I am so OCD, too. I like washing my hands often as a preventive measure for coronavirus. Am I OCD too? I like changing my clothes 2-3 times a day. Oh, am I OCD too?
This is not so necessarily true that every time we consider these stimuli and responses towards it as OCD. These can be a person's normal routine behaviors too. Yet what you don't see, and what places the "D" in the OCD, is the thinking mechanism behind the compulsive behavior. Those with OCD don't get disciplined because it gives happiness to them. They’re not cleaning up because it is one of their hobbies.
Although individuals with OCD often may not sweep or plan at all. OCD manifests itself in so many different ways, and it can hurt those who live with it every day by comparing it to a quirk.
A quick glance at Panic Strategies of OCD:
OCD is the brain's anxiety network that sends out a warning that something is wrong and has to be done with it right at the moment. OCD addresses the anticipated effects that are of concern to an individual. For instance, if someone isn't scared to spill water on the floor, OCD won't send out the distracting thought, "Oh no, you spilled water, you've got to clean it up.
On the flip side, if anyone cares about her family's health, OCD might say, "Oh no, you left the stove on. You have to go back and search urgently or it will be entirely your fault and the most significant people in your life will be gone forever.
Understanding the facts about OCD:
OCD is chronic, which means Nothing suggests that it's like getting asthma or diabetes. By this fact, it is understandable that it is a “condition” that can be controlled. It's a possibility that will still be there in the past, even though it doesn't impact your life anymore. Everything you're going to have to do to better manage it because if you don't try to do it successfully in your life, you're going to run the chance of relapse.
It ensures that if you will not follow the resources offered in cognitive-behavioral treatment, or if you quit taking the medicine (in most cases), you can quickly realize that the symptoms are hemmed again. Some of the key characteristics of OCD are “doubt & guilt”. Through the absence of serotonin, OCD is a crucial factor.
There are two different forms of Obsessive-compulsive disorder that people combine together. That is a personality disorder, the other anxiety condition. Even if you can resist the compulsion, you can't refuse to think of obsessive thought.
Obsessions are mental events produced biochemically that seem to imitate the actual thoughts of one's own but are not. It insists people do those specified events in repetition that they are supposed to do once only. Since these are biochemical activities, they cannot be shut down at once.
Suppression has proven that the more you try not to worry about something, the more paradoxically you can come to think about it. The key trick of tackling obsessions, “If you want to think about it less, think about it more.” Neither can you escape from your obsessions, nor prevent the fears that emerge from them.
Fear also originates in the mind, and it's necessary to recognize that there is no escape in order to recover. People with OCD don't stick with the stuff they fear long enough to discover the truth–that is, that their fears are unjustified and that the anxiety would have gone away on its own, without coercion or neutralization.
10 Self Care Tips That Really Work
Now you know what is OCD and you might be thinking about how to overcome OCD, here are some tips to overcome OCD.
1. Exercise - Exercise is just a perfect way to maintain good physical health, but it also helps to cope with anxiety and tension that can lead to frustration. It helps you to be physically and mentally involved and to have control of your thoughts and acts. Exercise helps you keep control over your mind so as to avoid OCD disorder.
2. No Caffeine - Caffeine has calming effects on the nervous system which may increase anxiety chances. The consumption of caffeine should therefore be limited to a person suffering from OCD. It not only suppresses the mind but only leads to an increased chance of getting OCD.
3. Get Enough Sleep - Whether or not you have a problem, proper sleep is important to human health. If you have OCD, it's a must to have the best sleep routine and observe it every day. You may have had sleepless nights due to OCD, but for self-care OCD management, you need to get your sleep planned. Sleep relaxes the mind and helps one to keep control of the thought activity of the brain.
4. Avoid Nicotine And Alcohol - You can find that the consumption of alcohol decreases your anxiety, but only for a shorter time. Similarly, it must sound like cigarettes are relaxing, but it's also a strong stimulant. Smoking raises the likelihood of signs of OCD, including anxiety. These can help you fight anxiety for only a shorter period of time.
5. Meditation - A meditation practice helps to ease the mind and keep it in a relaxing harbor. If you do some meditation exercises every day like yoga, your mind will grow the habit of relaxation. And, you should keep yourself with it when you have OCD problems. It will help you comply with your anxiety and, if possible, cope with those obsessive thoughts.
6. Educate Yourself - Denying the condition is by no means a good decision. There are a lot of people who simply refuse to have any sort of problem at all. This will not solve problems from the root. This isn't how you’re going to get better. The easiest way to resolve OCD is to accept it first and then educate yourself about it. Learn how it feels, why does it happen, and what should you do about it? How can you come out of it? And What you should do to live a happy life?
7. Mindfulness - Mindfulness is all about acknowledging the current moment and the feelings at that time. It is a very effective method used to resolve anxiety and thus helps a lot in OCD as well. The secret to this is to do something in your present mind. If you know you've locked the door, you won't feel the desire to do it again and again. You’re going to learn through when you practice it all the time.
8. Peer Support - Nobody's meant to be alone in pain. If you have a strong circle of friends, open them up and tell them how you felt. Share your sufferings with you and let them comfort you if they want to. Getting a strong peer group will benefit a person a lot to maintain an involved and improved mental health. This way, you'll be able to provide a circle that takes care of each other, including yourself.
9. Be Patient - One of the most important self-care tips for OCD to conquer OCD is patience. Patience is the secret to a full recovery. If you practice therapy, yoga, set sleep cycles, or some other method to feel better, you can't expect life to be better immediately. Each therapy is time-consuming and OCD is a difficult one. Losing hope is going to make you suffer more in the end.
10. Start Therapy - The OCD cannot be overlooked. If you feel that your OCD self-care tips are not helping or that your situation is getting worse, you need to seek professional help. Cognitive-behavioral therapy is the perfect cure for OCD. There are CBT-based therapies, such as exposure therapy or response prevention, that help the client confront these obsessions bravely and in a healthy way.
NOTE: OCD is treatable, and people who suffer from it can live a normal life. You do not need to worry at all. You just need to seek a professional's advice to come out of this disorder.
MY FIT BRAIN with the team of counselors, psychologists, and psychiatrists, is providing online counselling services, making it easier for their clients, to seek a solution to the problem they are facing in their life.
Those who are suffering from OCD and finding the best ocd treatment In India can book an online appointment for the counseling session to seek medical advice with the experts on the web portal of My Fit Brain. The identity of each and every client is kept private to make them come out of the OCD disorder faster.