My Fit Brain is an online counselling website for maintaining the fitness of human brain. Amongst its discrete specialities, the website offers an excellent treatment for fighting Depression. Before talking further on Depression, let us first acquaint you with the meaning of Depression.
The term ‘Depression’ indicates a serious medical ailment which adversely affects one’s feelings, behaviours and actions. The patient suffering from Depression usually feels sad or low all the time. He/she loses interest in any activity including the ones that he enjoyed whole-heartedly in the past. It seriously hampers one’s ability to function well and in addition, it is a start of several other physical and mental disorders. But fortunately, you can get the best treatment for Depression at My Fit Brain website.
A recent study, by My Fit Brain team, showed that about 1 out of every 15 persons suffers from Depression every year. Also, about 1in every 6 people suffer Depression at some point in their life. Surprisingly, women are more prone to Depression as compared to men. Studies reveal that 1/3rd of women in the world experience Depression at some point in their life. Thus, Depression is a common problem that needs treatment.
Why Depression occurs/Reasons
Depression is a complex problem as the exact cause of Depression cannot be known; only estimated. Some of the reasons of Depression include the following:
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Emotional Abuse
- Persons with emotional vulnerability to conflicts with close ones
- Grief of loss of a loved one due to death
- Relationship break-up
- Family history of Depression
- Losing a job or major financial support
- Serious illness
Symptoms of Depression
Over the years, My Fit Brain experts have successfully treated persons suffering from Depression. As per the experts, symptoms of Depression vary from person to person. While some may experience mild symptoms, for others these may be severe. So symptoms generally include the following:
- Difficulty in concentrating on anything
- Low self –confidence
- A sense of being worthless
- Loss of interest in everything
- Low voice and slow body movement
- A feeling of being lost
- Attempts to suicide or personal injury
- Enhanced fatigue
- Sudden weight loss or gain
- Inability to sleep properly
- Easy irritability and rudeness in speech
The aforesaid symptoms last for more than two weeks if a person is suffering from Depression.
Depression is different from sadness
Sadness is quite a narrower term as compared to Depression. Lasts for a temporary period, it is the latter that lasts for more than 2 weeks. If Depression is not treated at the earlier stages, it can severely impact one’s mental state of mind. So before going for treatment for Depression, it is necessary that you know the difference between Depression and sadness.
- Sadness/ grief on the death of a dear one includes missing the good times spent with the deceased i.e. the positive memories and gradually, the person gets into the normal routine. But in Depression, the person feels lost for more than 2 weeks and is unable to get back to his normal life after such loss.
- There is no loss of self-esteem during the period of grief but if the person in grief is suffering from Depression, then, he/she starts feeling unworthy and loses self-esteem as well.
- Grief lasts lesser than Depression whereas if grief is accompanied by Depression, then, the results are more severe and last longer than expected.
Treatment of Depression
My Fit Brain team assures a 100% success in Depression treatment. Before treatment, My Fit Brain therapists for Depression treatment conduct an interview of the person suffering from Depression and his family members, if necessary. This is necessary to do necessary evaluation of the state of mind. This evaluation includes the following:
- Identification of Depression symptoms
- Family history of Depression
- Other medical illness like thyroid which contributed to Depression
- Study of environmental factors leading to Depression to the patient
After this evaluation, the My Fit Brain Therapists will formulate a plan of action with which the patient can get the best treatment for Depression.
Psychotherapy as the best treatment for Depression
My Fit Brain Therapists provide an outstanding Psychotherapy for the treatment of Depression. It is also known as “The Talk Therapy”. Psychotherapy at My Fit Brain is quite famous for treatment of mild, moderate and severe Depression as well. The therapists talk to the depressed people through Online Voice Chat on Skype. My Fit Brain team rules out the reasons of Depression first and then, the symptoms and then, listens to your feelings if you are a depressed person. We listen to your problems without being judgemental at all. We give our best to understand how you feel and what you want.
We assure that you will feel better in 10 to 15 sessions if you are suffering from moderate Depression. The treatment period may take lesser or longer depending upon the severity of the Depression.
If My Fit Brain team feels that your treatment can be better cured in a group of people suffering from similar Depression like yours, then, you may be advised a group therapy also. But this is done with your consent only.
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
This Therapy by My Fit Brain team involves a systematic approach to the treatment of Depression. The CBT involves focussing on the present behaviour of the patient by considering the past incident of the patient’s life. It is oriented towards problem solving. The therapists help the patient to differentiate between their normal thinking and the distorted thinking. Once he/she becomes able to differentiate between these two, he/she is, then, made used to behaving normally in challenging situations.
We, at My Fit Brain website, are also providing coaching for self help if you are suffering from mild Depression. Our DIY tips are easy to do and with gradual practice, you can win over the Depression and save yourself from several other problems too.
In a nutshell, we can conclude that Depression is a battle between one’s mental state and existing life. Once you contact us for fighting Depression, we will take you to the brighter side of life and also, guarantee that you will win this battle of Depression with My Fit Brain.